Social media data have now become more accessible which only means that there are more opportunities for lead generation. This data can help marketers identify qualified prospects and help them design and launch targeted campaigns paired with social data to generate leads.
Social media has been a key component in generating leads and when done right, it can be an extremely powerful tool for lead generation. You can use social media to drive leads for your business.
Social Media Strategies for Lead Generation
- Choose the proper social media channel for your business and utilize them. Most marketers turn to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram, as these channels bring in extra leads.
- Establish a developed and long-term strategy for each social media channel used.
- Conduct a relevant research and figure out which social media platforms best suit your target demographics and also take on account the keywords.
- Create and provide a quality content that’s focused and features your company’s expertise to draw in leads.
- Create a community by engaging with your social media followers. This means responding to comments and questions, as well as re-posting, re-tweeting or sharing articles that’s relevant to your audience.
- Cross-promote your social media channels with one another by linking them to your website and blogs.
- Track and analyse social media results.
- Further understand and improve your SEO. For some industries, we’ve discovered that SEO provides lead generation which is an astonishing 40 times higher than from social media.
With the number of active social media account users, social media networks provide a huge opportunity for businesses to reach potential customers. In order to reach and convert them with your social media strategy, you should provide high quality and valuable content that is relevant. You can use social media as a lead generation tool.
Generate more leads by increasing your reach through Facebook.
- Create relevant and valuable content. Consider the timing and the frequency of your posts.
- Make content visually appealing by adding images as posts with images tend to receive a higher engagement.
With Twitter, you can connect and reach out to current and potential customers.
- The message needs to be strong and valuable as it’s limited to only 140 characters or less.
- Be genuine and authentic.
Pinterest may not be perfect for every industry but it does offer a huge opportunity for most, especially in retail. There are a lot of potential leads and customers just waiting to be engaged and converted.
- Create an interesting board with images that your Pinterest audience would want to discover and repin.
- Keep your description direct and simple and add in a link for your followers to click on as they could turn out to be a good lead.
Google+ has a lot of users and it’s also the perfect place to practice social prospecting.
- Identify the top keyword phrases people use to find out about you.
- Identify people and communities that could potentially have leads for you, follow or join them and start engaging with the potential prospects.
Social media can provide great conversion opportunity, but generating leads using social media doesn’t happen instantly and it takes a lot of effort. Once you have a better social media profile, you’ll have better chances of generating more leads and soon enough these leads will start flowing in.